Your Belongings and Water Damage
The Final Stages of Recovery for Water-Damaged Miami Homes
When your Miami property has experienced water damage, you might breathe a sigh of relief knowing that most of our restoration steps have completed by the time that you reach the last phase. Because of our in-house contractors, we can provide a comprehensive experience for our customers that can save them time and money they otherwise might have wasted on construction subcontractors that other restoration firms might require you to find on your own.
Determining the Salvageability of Materials
Before even the full extraction and drying of many of the materials and contents of your Miami home had completed, our project manager and crew chief determined the definitive line that separated what could get salvaged and restored versus what was more cost-effective to remove and reinstall. Drywall and particleboard cabinets, for example, are often cheaper to reinstall than to attempt to dry, clean, and repair.
The Reasons Reconstruction and Repairs Might Be Necessary for Your Residence
During the earliest stages of mitigation and restoration, including the emergency services and extraction portions, our contractors must often make hundreds of drying decisions that can help to make the ultimate recovery more efficient, including:
- Providing access to confined spaces like wall and ceiling cavities
- Eliminating collapse concerns by discarding sagging ceiling materials
- Preparing damaged flooring for new materials after structural deterioration
- Reduce the immediate stresses of removing items already deemed too compromised to recover
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today – (305) 269-8900
SERVPRO of South Miami specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of South Miami can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of South Miami can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most